Redefining ‘sustainable agriculture’ as our ability to build soil fertility as we improve production and reduce input costs.
The unprecedented global demand of modern agriculture is unsustainable. It depletes the soil and strips it of long-term nutrients. This course focuses on the relationship between the health of the soil and its ability to produce high quality, healthy food. We demystify the complex sciences of soil microbiology and plant nutrition to bring you a cutting edge system of sustainable soil management.
Hidden Garden’s Bio-Vital™ system for sustainable soil management redefines sustainable agriculture and Permaculture practices and teaches how to build soil fertility to improve production and reduce input cost. With our ‘Specialist Composting Made Easy’ method you’ll learn how to convert local resources and common waste products into high value, ‘smells good’ compost. You’ll gain hands-on experience making powerful organic, bio-fertilisers from commonly available materials for just a few cents per litre.
- Compost made easy – the Bio-Vital™ approach
- Making soil pro-biotic – a simple easy system for building soil fertility
- Making bio-fertilisers – feed your plants and your soils – a cost-effective solution to increased production
You will leave this course with enough experience to be able to apply this new generation of organic management.
Details & cost:
Where: Hidden Garden Farm Christmas Island
When: Course times subject to student numbers and seasonality. Contact Mark Bennett for further information +61 (0) 403 004 888
- 5 days intensive theory and hands-on practical sessions
- Transfers to and from your Christmas Island accommodation to Hidden Garden Farm site
- Morning, lunch and afternoon tea
- Course notes
$1,200 + GST
- Backpacker $50 per person, per night
- 2.5 star $100 per room, per night for two people, single supplement
- 3.5 star $200 per room, per night
Register your interest in this unique Hidden Garden course experience or book today. Places are limited.
Register your interest or book today
Fill out the form below if you would like to enroll or pay a deposit to hold your space for 14 days.